Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest and leading medical higher institutions of Ukraine and former USSR. The University was founded in 1945. In April 2009 about 796 foreign students were enrolled from 24 countries
All the educational programs of the University are regulated and approved by the Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Degrees and diplomas issued to International students by the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are legalized by the Ministry of heath of Ukraine and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is listed in the following Directories:
- World Health Organization (WHO): Directory of World Medical Colleges
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED): IMED acaccreditation is recognized by Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification & Licensure
- Ukrainian State Centre of International Education (USCIE): Directory of Recognized Educational Institutes in Ukraine
Students of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to apply for certification and licensure in over 150 countries in the world including: US, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, UAE, Saudi Arabia and etc.
USA: Students and graduates of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to participate in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) & receive ECFMG certification. ECFMG certification requires all graduates to have passed USMLE Step 1 & 2 (both sections), submit a final transcript and provide a copy of the graduate’s diploma for verification. Once ECFMG certification is granted; graduates are eligible for Postgraduate Medical education (Residency Training) in the United States of America.
- General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 years course
- Dentistry (Doctor of Dentistry degree) – 5 year course
- Pediatrics (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 year course
- Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy degree) – 5 year course
- Nursing (RN) – 3 / 4 year course
- Prosthodontics (MDS / Clinical Residency) – 2 year course